The Alliance has now produced a version 2 of the technical note on the protection of children during the COVID-19 pandemic. The aim of this brief is to support child protection practitioners to better respond to the child protection risks during a COVID-19 pandemic. Part 1 presents the potential child protection risks COVID-19 can pose to children. Part 2 presents programmatic options in line with the 2019 Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action (CPMS) and the Guidance Note: Protection of Children During Infectious Disease Outbreaks.
• Technical Note: Child Helplines and the Protection of Children during the COVID-19 Pandemic
• Key Messages and Considerations for Programming for Children Associated with Armed Forces or Armed Groups
• Working with Communities to Keep Children Safe
• Technical Note: COVID-19 and Child Labour
• COVID 19: Protecting Children from Violence, Abuse and Neglect in the Home
• Social Service Workforce Safety and Wellness during the COVID-19 Response: Recommended Actions
• Protection of Children during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Children and Alternative Care
• Technical Note: COVID-19 and Children Deprived of their Liberty
The webinar series for these technical notes can be found here and the Protected! Podcast: COVID-19 Edition can be found here. You are also welcome to join the Child Protection and COVID-19 Forum for peer support.