Community Resilience and Engagement Specialist - ASEAN DRM Project
Cufa is an International Development Agency with a focus on promoting and improving economic livelihoods and financial inclusion. Cufa has been developing community access to affordable financial services in the Asia Pacific region for 50 years, working cooperatively at grass-roots through to government levels to create sustainable livelihoods, improve lives, and relieve poverty. Cufa is an experienced project implementing agency for a wide variety of bilateral and multilateral funding partners.
Cufa is seeking an ASEAN-based Community Resilience and Engagement Specialist to work on a multi-country project to support increased cooperation and enhance capacity in disaster risk management through social protection. The project will work towards establishing a nexus between social protection and disaster risk management, through supporting civil society adoption and mainstreaming of the ASEAN Guidelines on Disaster Responsive Social Protection to Increase Resilience. The project team will work with civil society organisations throughout the ASEAN region to build awareness of social protection options, advocate for social protection programs which are disaster responsive, and implement community-level programs and activities to build resilience to disasters.
- Leverage and establish a network of local NGOs and civil society organisations (CSOs) throughout ASEAN countries to participate in the project.
- Work closely and constructively with the ASEAN Secretariat and the donor on selecting and training local NGOs and CSOs.
- Lead capacity needs assessment of local CSOs to establish training needs in implementing community-level initiatives to advocate for and implement disaster-responsive social protection options.
- Engage national and subnational government stakeholders to work with local CSOs, establish relationships and lines of advocacy, and participate in training initiatives.
- Enable peer-to-peer learning networks between NGOs and CSOs in different countries across ASEAN to share knowledge on disaster responsive social protection.
- Support each organization to develop a strategy to advance disaster responsive social protection and community-based disaster risk management.
- Drawing on good practice from the Integrated Disaster Risk Management (IDRM) Fund, facilitate leadership development and capacity building on social protection and community-based disaster risk management, as well as on organizational and financial management, proposal writing and other related gaps.
- Facilitate project MEL and project reporting through training assessments and surveys and other qualitative instruments.
- Work collaboratively with the Team Leader, project team and Cufa’s technical and project management teams to deliver high quality outputs.
- We are seeking a national consultant (a citizen in or someone who currently holds permission to live and work) from any of the following countries: Cambodia, Thailand, Lao PDR, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia.
- At least ) 8 years of relevant work experience in community-based disaster risk management and/or resilience building.
- A University degree (Masters is preferred) in international development, international relations, social sciences, politics, economics or related discipline.
- Proven experience building, coordinating, and leveraging networks in the ASEAN region to achieve project outputs; experience working with multi-country networks is preferred.
- Proven experience working with local CSOs and NGOs on community-based interventions in the ASEAN region; experience with women-led organisations as an advantage.
- Experience promoting and facilitating peer-to-peer knowledge sharing methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English – compulsory requirement.
How to apply:
If you can demonstrate that you can fulfill Community Resilience and Engagement Specialist responsibilities and selection criteria indicated, please forward an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your current CV. We will require applicants to fill in a CV template highlighting their specific relevant experience and capacity to fulfil the assignment.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, applications will be reviewed as they are received, and the position may be filled before the closing date: Closing date: 7 April 2022.
Cufa takes the protection of children very seriously and as an organization we expect all staff members to comply with our child protection policy. The successful candidate will need to sign a child protection declaration and undergo referee checks.