CONSULTANT - Policy and Global Development
The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
In line with the National Immigration and Asylum Strategy (SNIA), the Ministry of Health from Morocco and Social Protection launched the National Strategic Plan for Health and Immigration (PSNSI), which reflects the will of the Ministry of Health, with the support of its national and international partners, to adapt a response to the essential and specific health and social protection needs of immigrants in Morocco.
The PSNSI is the reference framework for migrant health and the main instrument for coordinating the actions of the various actors and partners involved in the country. The general objective is to improve the access of immigrants in vulnerable situations to preventive and health promotion services and medical care, while respecting human rights and conditions of equality and equity.
What We Are Looking for
Technical assistance, with a consulting relationship, for a study on the identification, analysis and systematisation of good practices in health and migration in the city of Rabat in the framework of the Mediterranean Health Observatory.
ISGlobal in collaboration with the Direction d’Epidémiologie et Lutte contre les Maladies of the Ministry of Health of Morocco is seeking a national consultor from Morocco who is interested in taking over and managing activities of the project in Migrant Health as part of the efforts made by Moroccan institutions to strengthen the complementarity of public policies on migration and health in order to improve migrants' access to health services. The overall project goal is to identify, analyse and systematise good practices on the different models existing in other countries, models of public management and coordination with associations working in the field of health promotion for migrants, in order to improve access to quality care for this vulnerable population.
The specific objectives :
1) To describe existing international models of health and migration;
2) To describe recent legislation on migrants' access to health care in Morocco;
3) To assess the use of health care services by migrants offered by the Ministry of Health and associations, the opportunities and constraints of access to care
4) To determine the constraints of health professionals (linguistic diversity, lack of human resources);
5) Impact of COVID 19 on migrants;
6) Synthesis of the results and recommendations for good practice adapted to the Moroccan context;
Training and experience /Qualifications
The consultant must:
- Have a good knowledge of the Moroccan health system;
- Have experience in qualitative research;
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to write a report
- Have already conducted a study in the field of health and migration
- Deliverables requested by the consultant
- Deliverable 1: Methodological note of the consultation
- Deliverable 2: Literature review on good practices and models of health management and migration
- Deliverable 3: Qualitative report of interviews with health managers, health professionals, associative actors, migrants, representatives of international organizations.
- Deliverable 4: Report on the impact of Covid-19 on migrants
- Deliverable 5: Workshop facilitation (presentation of the draft report and the final report)
- Deliverable 6: Drafting of the final report of the study and recommendations with PPT presentation of the study.
- Problem resolution.
- Learning capacity.
- Computer skills (word, power point, excel)
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Communication skills
- Be fluent in French, English and Arabic;
- The consultation will last 45 working days
- Location of the consultation: Rabat study site
- Start date of the consultation: May 2022
- Duration of the study: May - December 2022
During the crisis caused by COVID19, standard working conditions will be adapted to sanitary requirements.
How to apply:
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Consultant_Policy& GlobalDevelopment_Mar22, attach the following information:
- Detailed CV
- A methodological note for the conduct of this consultation
- A financial proposal
Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 10/04/2022.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, functional diversity, political leanings, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.