Government Relations, Safety & Security Intern
We are looking for an intern for the External Relations team of Save the Children Turkey CO, to provide varied and complex assistance to the Country Management team. Intern will be assigned to the External Relations team handling the Government relations, Safety & Security affairs of Save the Children in Turkey which is responsible from the strategic analysis of the contextual developments, global affairs, conflict analysis and S&S Reporting. Intern will be responsible for the tasks assigned by the reporting lines based on each departments` responsibilities mainly for filing, documentation and they will be also assigned for operational tasks. The intern will be exposed to routine and emergency procedures to develop herself/himself into a valid position holder.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Bachelor / MA degree in International Relations, Political Science, Social Sciences, Administrative Sciences, Economics, Business or related departments;
- Excellent / Professional verbal and written communication skills in English and Turkish;
- Ability to draft professional and ready to consume texts, articles, documents;
- Good attention to details and to be able to work under stress;
- Strong Computer literacy (including working knowledge of Microsoft Office);
- Strong Quantitative and Qualitative Research capability;
- Strong organisational skills and discretion with confidential information;
- Ability to work independently and proactively;
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Preferably previous international working experience (including paid internships and volunteering) in NGOs; private sector or UN organizations
- Preferably demonstrable experience in writing, text analysis and process monitoring.
Position holder will be based in Istanbul, therefore legal right to work in Turkey is necessary at the time of application. Applications are accepted and evaluated on a rolling basis.
What we offer for our interns:
- Multicultural and flexible working environment;
- Development and training opportunities in their area;
- Out of the box internship experience to prepare them real working environment in their field;
- Improved knowledge on I/NGO sector and institutional donors;
- Salary commensurate with the pay-grade of the position.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating discrimination. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve children better. Therefore all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2luYW4uNTEzNzUuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t