Head of Programmes - Beirut, Lebanon
Position Start Date : June 15th, 2022
Duration : 12 months
Location : Beirut, Lebanon
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid with Headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in around 40 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 4 million children and members of their communities, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
The Head of Programme (HoP) is responsible for the overall programmatic strategy of Tdh Lebanon operations and for ensuring timely and adequate technical inputs, contributing to the quality assurance of program implementation across the project development and implementation cycle. The position ensures that Tdh projects bring a significant contribution to meeting immediate humanitarian needs and ensuring programmatic strategies are in place to ensure durable solutions affected individuals, with a focus on children and youth applying a gender sensitive lens.
The HoP will support an integrated program and approach across the country strategy, managing effectively technical coordinators and managers in the Child Protection and Access to Justice sectors across the two programs. The HoP will ensure the delivery of donor contractual obligations and will work closely with the Country Representative (CR) and the Senior Management Team (SMT) on funding strategy, proposal development and financial management as well.
The HoP is a key senior position in the Tdh Lebanon country set up, responsible for cross-cutting programmatic themes, sound programme design and of overseeing that information from assessments, monitoring and evaluation processes is consistently reflected upon to improve ongoing projects and it is incorporated into high-quality grant proposals and reports. The HoP will play an important role in the external representation and will act as the primary focal point for Tdh programming portfolio in Lebanon.
- Program Strategy and Development
- Staff Management and Capacity building
- Program Quality and Management
- Fundraising and Grants Management
- Coordination and representation of Tdh
Master's degree in political science, international development, humanitarian assistance &/ or other relevant field.
- Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible experience in program management, leadership, and design developing and leading integrated and complex program portfolios – preferably experience in the Middle East.
- Proven experience in both development and humanitarian and/or conflict affected countries settings.
- At least 4 years' experience with people management with proven leadership experience with experience managing multi-disciplinary teams of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Solid experience in project development and management; including ability to lead on assessments, design, implementation, monitoring; with good skills in donor reporting, accountability, and compliance.
- Demonstrable experience in the nurturing of organisational learning with the ability to draft strategies/frameworks.
- Proven experience in effectively coordinating with National Governments, International and National NGO partners, UN and coordinating with donors.
- Extensive knowledge of UN, US and European institutional donors and their compliance requirements with proven experience of developing successful funding proposals, contract management including consortia grants.
- Excellent coordination, communication, organizational and planning skills; with the ability to work flexibly in a diverse team in a dynamic environment, fostering a positive working environment, and manage issues sensitively and diplomatically.
- Strong capacity building, facilitation, and presentation skills with the ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships to facilitate communication and support partner and staff.
- Strong understanding of localization agenda as well as partnership approaches and tools in strengthening programmatic and organisational capacities of civil society organisations.
- Commitment to integrate gender, protection, conflict sensitivity and accountability into programming.
- Keen understanding of the complexities in the Middle East region, especially of Lebanon.
Full professional proficiency in English is mandatory; knowledge of Arabic is desired.
Ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
Expatriate contract under Swiss regulations between CHF 4’574.- and CHF 5’778.- brut /month according to experience x 13 times, Vacancy: 25 days annual leaves local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies :
- Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
How to apply:
Please applying directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JjmxOdeK?idpartenaire=20007 Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter). Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.