Participatory Conflict Analysis and Common Ground Action Planning Consultants
Search for Common Ground is seeking to hire a consultant or consulting team to conduct the participatory needs assessments/workshop for identifying common issues and formulating the collaborative action plan to prevent potential conflict and promote civic engagement among the key stakeholders
1. Search for Common Ground (Search)
Search for Common Ground (SFCG) (www.sfcg.org) is an international peacebuilding organization that strives to transform the way the world deals with conflict, away from adversarial approaches and towards collaborative problem solving. SFCG is working in 36 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and the USA. SFCG works with governments, civil society, state institutions, youth, media organizations and other stakeholder groups to promote collaborative solutions across dividing lines. SFCG established a program in Myanmar in 2014 to support its social cohesion and peacebuilding processes through a combination of skills building, dialogue, culture and media
2. The Project
SFCG is implementing a 2.5-year project which will engage with young leaders and influencers from diverse backgrounds to support with resources and networks necessary to form trusted information networks .Our approaches include providing skill building, dialogues, exchange and finding collaborations among the stakeholders for better resilience and peaceful society.
3- Summary of position/ Tasks
The consultant or consultants team will be responsible for designing, facilitating and the participatory conflict analysis and common ground action planning workshops. Consultants together with the Search program team will hold workshops with the key influencers to identify drivers of conflict in target communities. The workshop will be based on Search’s “Enduring Change” toolkit, which provides facilitators and participants with a comprehensive set of tools to identify and analyze conflict drivers in their local contexts, and identify potential pathways for transformation of the conflict through civic engagement and collaboration. At the end of the workshop, the facilitator will support the participants to identify potential entry points to address the identified community tensions, thereby aiming to transform the conflicts and prevent an escalation towards violence. These solutions will be verified within the communities by the influencers. Based on the findings of the workshop, the consultants and Search team and local influencers will further flesh out their ideas to encourage civic engagement and to address tensions in specific communities in their respective State/Region. Search will support influencers in each state to map out stakeholders who could advise on the design and operationalization of their ideas. The outcome of these workshops will be that 2 Common Ground Action Plans will be developed in each state, for a total of 10. The Common Ground Action Plans will be localized roadmaps for the transformation of conflicts identified in the earlier workshops.
4. Scope of work
- Design the participatory conflict analysis and common ground action planning workshops
- Facilitating the participatory conflict analysis and common ground action planning workshopsConsolidated the findings of the workshops and write reports on conflict analysis and recommendations for the common ground action planning
5. Requirements of Consultant
- Master’s or Bachelor degree in peacebuilding, psychology, conflict transformation, social sciences, international development or other relevant fields.
- At least 5 years of experience of delivering dialogue facilitation, peacebuilding, conflict transformation particular in trauma informed and transformative approaches in the conflict affected and complex setting
- Have some experiences of developing of training curriculums, training materials and tools
- Experience in facilitating virtual classrooms, familiar and comfortable enough with a live online session such as using features that enhance online sessions, the trainer needs to be able to switch among presenting, the whiteboard, and interacting with participants, multitasking all the while.
- Prior experiences and knowledge of local context
- Extensive knowledge and experience of delivering training in local language/ in this case Burmese language
- Excellent content adjustment and analytical skills.
- Ability to adapt teaching methodology based on local dynamics and needs
- Experience of leading training in experiential Learning methodology and learning center teaching methodologies.
- Experience of coaching, and building people capacity.
- Experience in working with teams in culturally sensitive ways.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written including report writings
- Demonstrated understanding of issues related to confidentiality, data safety etc.
How to apply:
6- How to apply
Interested candidates send through their application submission through the firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 March 2022, with the subject line “Conflict Analysis and Common Ground Action Planning Consultant/s” along with following documents:
- A written proposal on above mentioned deliverable including not limited to the proposed topic and methodology, LOE , how you plan to incorporate the from your previous experience and lesson learnt, how you will adapt into current context of Myanmar
- Recent CV/resume
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees/Consultants must adhere to the values: Collaboration- Audacity - Tenacity - Empathy - Results. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud. Search is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children, youth and vulnerable adults with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children, youth, and vulnerable adults.
Search for Common Ground does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.