Syrian Arab Republic: Re-advertisement M&E Team Member (Internals only)-Idleb-SYRIA
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the team completes the activities allocated by the M&E field Manager or M&E Team leader in the weekly and daily plan.
- Carry out regular monitoring activities at field level for GOAL programmes, including distribution and post-distribution monitoring, using variety of data collection tools and methods, such as: household surveys; focus group discussions with community members; key informant interviews; and observation checklists.
- Collect/enter data using tablets for GOAL’s programme information management system, ensure data is accurate and it is collected and uploaded on time.
- Participate in data collection for assessment to inform the design of new programmes and promote community participation in this process.
- Actively engage with the community and promote the participation of all community members (men, women and children) in needs assessment, programme design, monitoring and evaluation.
- Support evaluation through organizing field visits and participating as a team leader if required.
- Receive complaints and feedback from community members and ensure these are registered in complaints and feedback system in line with relevant GOAL procedures.
- Participating in monitoring activities related to the WASH program including visiting the supported water stations, following up hygiene promotion activities and visiting the HHs who receive pumped water.
- Any other task requested by the line manager.
- In addition to the above, the Monitoring and Evaluation Team Member is required to abide by and uphold the Core Humanitarian Standards in the execution of his/her duties.
MEL Design and data collection:
- Understand the basic monitoring and evaluation concepts and the purpose of M&E
- Can use data collection tools effectively to gather qualitative and quantitative data at different levels: facility, community.
- Ensure data entry using an electronic database
- Understand the fundamental concepts of data quality
- Conduct on-site routine data quality audits at community levels.
- Possess basic data visualization skills (using tables, graphs, to represent data and information)
- Understand and apply the concept of ‘random sampling’ following instructions/guidelines of a manager
- Understand and can apply the method ‘spin-the-bottle’ used for selection of households in population-based surveys.
Qualitative techniques and Quantitative techniques:
- Understand the purpose, advantages and disadvantages of qualitative techniques and Quantitative techniques for data collection.
- Can conduct qualitative and Quantitative data collection activities
- University degree (social sciences, economics, information management, or any other degree with relevant experience) or institute certificate.
- Experience of working in Syria and in the areas in which GOAL is working.
- 1-2 years of work experience.
- Has good communication skills; ability to organize and achieve the work in the field, ensuring quality performance; preferably experience in people and task management and in capacity building through formal and/or on-the-job training
- Detail oriented and strong clerical skills.
- English language skills read, written and spoken.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, ability to interact well with people of all backgrounds, excellent relationships building skills.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel), comfortable with electronic devices for data collection/entry (mobile phones, tablets).
- Good communication skills (written and spoken), good writing skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively to the field (up to 80%), sometimes under difficult and insecure circumstances
How to apply
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is 26 June 2022
Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please do not respond.
"يرجى ملاحظة أن منظمة جول GOAL لا تفرض أي رسوم من أي نوع أو أي التزام مالي آخر في أي مرحلة من مراحل عملية التوظيف (الطلب ، المقابلة ، المعالجة ، التدريب ، التعريف) أو رسوم أخرى ، و لا تطالب بأي معلومات عن الحسابات المصرفية البنكيه للمتقدمين على الشواغر. لا تعمل جول GOAL مع المؤسسات الوسيطة والأفراد أو وكالات التوظيف أثناء عملية التوظيف. في حالة طلب أي رسوم أو مستحقات منك خلال عملة التقديم على الوظائف الشاغره أو في أي مرحلة من مراحل عملية التوظيف ، يرجى إلابلاغ عدم الاستجابه
General terms and conditions
- Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this ongoing commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
A commitment to GOAL values and GOAL’s integrity framework is critical to working with GOAL. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to the safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
General Terms and Conditions
- This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate, and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Thank you and good luck!