Türkiye: GBV Coordinator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that SRD's policy and operational interests in the area of protection (GBV) are actively represented.
- Oversee implementation of Gender-Based Violence protection programmes in the office, as articulated in the Response Plan and other relevant strategy documents, and when such documents are updated, review draft documents to ensure quality and coherence.
- Monitor protection programme implementation in the office and provide technical guidance and support.
- Lead on and support the case management of most vulnerable children including proper documentation;
- Compile updates and analysis on child protection which highlight trends, programming gaps, in particular in relation to context priorities.
- Assess capacity building needs in the area of the protection, identify training opportunities and design and deliver trainings/workshops as required.
- Facilitate learning and identification of good practices and information sharing on the GBV, including on strengthening linkages with education, health, community-based protection, livelihood and shelter, among others.
- Undertake monitoring and support missions to the field for guidance and support with a particular focus on GBV/ protection mainstreaming in the overall protection response.
- Ensure that field staff have access to and are aware of latest protection approaches, interventions and tools.
- Participate in existing relevant networks, working groups and initiatives, and where applicable seek to new partnerships which will strengthen the response, including the interagency GBV sub working groups.
- Represent SRD with external counterparts including implementing partners, on issues relating to Protection.
- Make recommendations with respect to programme orientation in the office and recommendations with respect to resource allocation and prioritization.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
-A degree in social work, psychology, or related degree;
- Minimum four years’ experience working in the field of child protection/ protection/ GBV or related field;
- Previous experience in working with at high risk women and girls or Women and girls with special needs;
- Demonstrated understanding of working with children and particularly vulnerable children
- Good understanding of child protection in emergencies;
- Confident communicator, excellent negotiations skills;
- Very well organized and with good reporting skills;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Works well in teamwork, flexible and willing to learn
- Good Computer skills: MS Word and Excel
- Fluency in English and Arabic required
How to apply
All interested candidates in the position who meet our requirements, please send your CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30-June-2022 stating in the subject " GBV Coordinator"
· Due to national quota regulations, this position is open only to applications from Turkish citizens or holding proper residence papers documents.
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
· Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position