Ukraine: Child Protection Coordinator
Duration: 12 months
Location: Ivano Frankivsk Western Ukraine initially and later in Kyiv (with frequent visits to different bases).
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is the leading Swiss NGO focusing on child rights. It is active in more than 30 countries with development and emergency projects. Tdh focuses its action on the 3 following areas of intervention: health, Migration and protection of particularly vulnerable children. Modern management and communication tools ensure the quality of Tdh's projects. The Foundation constantly aims to improve its services.
In the current context in Ukraine, Tdh is developing Humanitarian response operations in support of children and their families, aiming to support the frontline service providers, to provide direct humanitarian assistance and to ensure access to information of the displaced people.
Tdh has started operations in Ukraine in 2015 and operated until February 2022 through 2 operational offices in Mariupol and Severodonetsk, while maintaining a coordination/representation office in Kyiv. Following the Invasion of Ukraine by the Russian Federation Army, the Tdh team has relocated in Ivano Frankivsk, where it started operations for the area of West Ukraine, which is the first operational base for the response to the current humanitarian crisis. The organization is aiming to operate in the Kyiv and surrounding areas and potentially in East Ukraine.
The Child Protection Coordinator will be responsible for providing strategic vision and technical direction to the Tdh's Ukraine operations and programmes, designing and developing adapted child protection frameworks, tools and providing capacity building to the staff and will be responsible for the overall quality of implementation of these elements.
He/She will provide guidance to the mobilized staff to ensure that stated goals and objectives are met, that the projects is appropriately monitored and evaluated, and that project reports are written and submitted in a timely manner. He/She will ensure that child protection principles, CPMS and Tdh's child protection in humanitarian crises policy are being incorporated into the emergency programs, as well as relevant national and global migrant and refugee protection principles. He/She will provide technical oversight and guidance on child safeguarding, child protection, MHPSS and migration/displacement components and provide guidance to the project staff to ensure that relevant activities are implemented according to standards and set quality benchmarks, including Tdh MHPSS framework and Tdh Children and Youth on the Move Programme Theory of change guidance. He/she will conduct his or her duties in respect of the Charter of Terre des hommes and the Tdh Child Protection Policy. She/he will represent the organization and its interest in external forums, working groups and networks in their technical capacity. Engage in advocacy and communication processes as directed by the management. She/he will play a leading role in fundraising and donor engagement with direct involvement in proposal development She/he plays a crucial role in the rollout, mainstreaming and adherence to the safeguarding policy within the delegation, in collaboration with other relevant departments.
- Technical expertise: Projects Design, Planning and Implementation
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Capacity building
- Child Safeguarding Policy
Education: Post graduate degree in Social Sciences, International Development, or Law
- Minimum 5 years' experience in similar senior position is preferred.
- Having worked in the Europe region in migration/refugee contexts, would be a distinct advantage.
- Prior experience working in similar positions including in humanitarian and volatile contexts.
- Experience in the field of migrant and refugee rights, including European national and regional legal frameworks and reception policies (highly desirable).
- Proven experience and skills in proposal development and donor's approach.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring of national and international staff.
Knowledge and skills:
- Proven technical skills in the field of protection and specifically of child protection, social care services, MHPSS, including the national and international legal framework, policies and best practices.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and work under pressure.
- Working autonomy with clear accountability upon fixed performance objectives.
- Excellent communication skills.
Excellent oral and writing skills in English,
Ukrainian and/or Russian an asset.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies:
- Fully complies with Tdh's Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
How to apply
Please applying directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JyxzuzWQ?idpartenaire=20007
Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter). Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.