Growing Strong Together: A Parenting Program to Support the Reintegration of Children and Prevent their Recruitment
This Intervention Package aims at supporting practitioners to roll out and implement parenting intervention to protect children, and adolescents and young persons (8-21 years) from recruitment and promote their reintegration following association with armed forces or armed groups.
If you would like to implement parenting interventions in CAAFAG contexts, these resources are for you, to help you understand your context, implement the sessions with parents/caregivers and to accompany the facilitators in the process!
The Intervention Package contains a comprehensive resource pack informed by formative research findings in consultations with girls, boys and parents, a desk review of over 100 relevant resources and input from country facing child protection staff and CAAFAG TF members.
The resource pack, linked below in English and French, includes:
- The Desk-Review informing the structure and the content of the entire intervention available in English
- The Intervention Curriculum: "Growing Strong Together: A Parenting Program to support the reintegration of children and prevent their recruitment". Available in English and French
- The Constant Companion: Facilitator’s Guide – this contains implementation guidance for the facilitators delivering the sessions with parents. Available in English and French
- The Family Visits Guide – to support facilitators safely conduct at least one family visit and further support parents/caregivers. Available in English and French
- The Training of the Facilitators (ToF) Guide – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the training guide.
- The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Framework and Tools – please email email@example.com to receive the MEL framework.
Translations in Arabic coming soon!